Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eat The Damn Bananas!!

“Eat the damn bananas,” shouts Kylee’s crazy, awesome Nan as she woke a group of us up by throwing bananas at our faces.

Nan (although a tad out there) may have a point. Breakfast is the best way to jumpstart your metabolism from the overnight fast.

I’m just toooooooo busy! You have no time to make something before you head out to work, school, morning tan sesh or whatever it is you crazy kids do in the AM. Excuses come in all shapes and sizes people! I am going to give you a few reasons why I think you should make some time for your health.

1. Go, Go Gadget…Energy! Breakfast literally provides you with energy. When you start your day with an empty stomach, you’re running on zip zap ZERO. Running on empty will make you sluggish, tired, cranky, and cause people to hit up the vending machine for a quick pre lunch fix (don’t do it girrrrrrrrl).

2. I am so smart…Smrt? Eating breaky will give your brain an energy boost, which will make you feel alert and perform better. Can you really concentrate when all you’re thinking about is B-A-N-A-N-A-S?

3. I am not a CheetAH! If you space your meals out throughout the day you are less likely to break your diet or healthy eating habits at night. Don’t deprive yourself of breakfast or any meals for that matter. You might find yourself lying on the kitchen floor covered in chocolate and potato chip crumbs (not pretty).

4. But MOM, I’m not hungry. I know I know, the thought of eating makes you want to puke some mornings, but I’m not asking you to stuff your goblet with anything and everything. A banana, bowl of cereal, or even a smoothie will help you beat the morning blues.

Here’s what I chose today. Yummy yum yum! Kashi puffed wheat cereal with a cut up banana.

No comments: